Some steps to enable the SSH console on Vmware ESXi 4:
- ALT + F1
- Input the following word: unsupported
- Input the ROOT password: ******
- After the get the console input the following command to edit the inetd.conf file : vi /etc/inetd.conf
- Search the line where begins with #ssh stream tcp . Uncomment this.
- Save the File with CTRL + I and put the wq command
- Restart the services.sh (/usr/sbin/services.sh restart)
- Verify the onetd process (ps | grep inetd)
- You are get a PID for the running inetd and type this command:
kill -HUP <PID>, where the <PID> is the number from the previous command.
- Try to connect to server ;).